August 29, 2006

The Pussycat Lounge

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

AKA - The Pink Pussycat Lounge (although it doesn't seem very pink)
Located in downtown Fargo, ND, this establishment is just outside the Greyhound station. I first "rode the dog" from Nashville to Seattle back in 1987 to visit my friend Toni. This is an arduous trip, taking three days of butt numbing energy. When you arrive, you feel nasty, but it is one of the more interesting ways to see the countryside because you stop in every podunk town between here and Timbuktu. If you ever attempt a journey like this, pack food (unless you want to eat road slop which has to be prepared quickly since the bus in leaving in mere moments), a book (lots of quality time), and portable music (when you don't want to talk to the crazy person sitting next to you).

On this trip, I flew back having not yet gotten that road hardened feeling into my blood. Two years later I would take the bus back from Seattle to Nashville in order to pick up my car when moving to the Emerald City of the Northwest.

No comments: